If it is a blog birthday over here, then gingerbread must be on the menu.
These Caramel Gingerbread Cupcakes are just the ticket to celebrate a birthday or anything else in style. And they are so easy, too!
Just bake a batch of gingerbread cupcakes from a boxed mix. Make the ice cream topping by mixing vanilla ice cream with a little bit of ginger and then sprinkling with a generous amount of chopped toffee candy. Top each portion with a gingersnap and some warm caramel and get ready to swoon.
Caramel Gingerbread Cupcakes
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
1 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 cup chopped toffee (I used 3 Skor bars)
1 (14 1/2 ounce) package gingerbread mix
1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
1 (12 ounce) jar caramel-flavor ice cream topping
Gingersnaps, to garnish
1. Line a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with plastic wrap, extending the plastic wrap over edges of dish. Set aside.
2. Stir ice cream and ginger together then spread mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with toffee and press lightly into ice cream. Cover and freeze for 4 to 24 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line twelve muffin cups with paper or lightly grease the cups.
4. Prepare gingerbread mix according to package directions using the lukewarm water and egg. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
5. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a tester inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire rack.
6. Before serving, heat caramel topping until warm.
7. Place cupcakes on serving plates.
8. Using the edges of the plastic wrap, lift ice cream out of dish. Cut out twelve 2-inch squares of ice cream. (Save the leftover ice cream for eating another time).
9. Place ice cream squares on top of cupcakes. Top with gingersnap pieces and drizzle with warm caramel topping. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Better Homes & Gardens
Playing “Reflections” by Birthday Candles to celebrate the day.
Every single line of this fantastic song resonates with me.
“We’ll overcome our biggest fears
regardless of the pain”
Check out Birthday Candles on the band’s Website. You can buy their music on Bandcamp.
Happy Birthday! 6 years is an impressive accomplishment!. And this picture of a caramel gingerbread cupcake just above this? I want to print and frame it, it looks so delicious!
Thank you! That is one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said about a photo of mine. I really appreciate all of your support for my little site. xo