Again with the chocolate chip cookies. I know….it’s a major obsession of mine.
These Chocolate Chip Dalmatian Cookies are majorly different in that they have melted white chocolate in the dough. It adds a “I can’t put my finger on it” quality to them. The texture of the dough is smooth and sturdy. Tons of mini chips add chocolate crunch to every bite. My kids couldn’t get enough of these cookies.
Oh, and one note: do not confuse pounds of butter for cups. My first attempt had me stymied because the dough was so crumbly that rolling into balls was near impossible.
Yep, I finally figured out what I did wrong.
3/4 pound butter ≠ 3/4 cups butter.
The recipe is so good that even that disastrous looking pile of cookies that were missing 6 ounces of butter (low fat version!) were pretty darn tasty.
Chocolate Chip Dalmatian Cookies
4 ounces white chocolate, melted
3/4 pound unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces semisweet chocolate mini-chips, plus extra to top cookies with
1. Preheat oven to 325℉.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar and beat on medium until light.
3. Add the vanilla extract and melted white chocolate and beat on medium for 1 minute.
4. Slowly add flour and salt. Mix until well combined then stir in the mini chips.
5. Roll tablespoons of the cookie dough into balls and place at least 2 inches apart onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Press some more mini chips on top.
6. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
Recipe from Death By Chocolate Cookies by Marcel Desaulniers
They are also perfectly delicious without the extra chips pressed on top.
Freedom Fry covers this familiar hit in a lovely, raw manner.
Check out Freedom Fry on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.