What are you so excited about?
I’m always excited about breakfast.
This super easy pancake is ready in less than 30 minutes. It bakes up high in the oven so is fun to bring right away to the table so everyone can go, “Oooh! Look at that!”.
The pancake flattens out a bit as it is cut and looks more like a thick crepe, which is kind of what it tastes like. It’s delicious with some fresh fruit. Double the recipe and make 2 pans because folks are going to want seconds.
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
Pinch of cinnamon
Confectioners’ sugar, fruit and maple syrup to serve, optional
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Pour butter into a 9 inch pie plate.
3. In a medium bowl, mix flour, eggs, milk and cinnamon. The mixture will be lumpy.
4. Pour batter over butter in pie plate.
5. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden.
6. Sprinkle pancake with confectioners’ sugar. Cut into quarters and serve immediately. Fresh fruit is a nice accompaniment.
Recipe from Beyond Peanut Butter Cookbook
This is a fun, funky song. It’s got a great retro vibe.
Check out VOKES on the band’s Website where you can keep tuned for where to buy their music.