This is a terrific and super easy version of beef and broccoli stir fry. The sweet-salty sauce is delicious paired with the tender beef and colorful vegetables.
Beef And Broccoli Bowl
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
12 ounces boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup sliced red onion
1 cup chopped carrot
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
1/3 cup sliced green onions
Steamed rice, to serve
1. Combine soy sauce, cornstarch, and hoisin in a medium bowl.
2. Add beef to soy sauce mixture and toss to coat.
3. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil.
4. Remove beef from marinade and reserve the marinade. Add beef to pan and cook 2 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove beef from pan.
5. Add broccoli and next 4 ingredients to pan. Cook for 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
6. Add reserved marinade to pan and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute. Return beef to pan and cook 1 minute or until heated through.
7. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve over rice.
Recipe from Cooking Light Magazine
Let’s rock into the week with this funky new song from Liverpool-based band Sugarmen.