Today’s recipe is DaBomb!
Macaroni and cheese, bacon, more cheese….deep fried!
These little parcels are super tasty. Crisp outside with an ooey-gooey center. YUM.
2 cups prepared macaroni and cheese
1 pound cooked bacon
1/2 cup flour
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
4 ounces evenly-cubed Velveeta cheese
Oil for frying
1. In a food processor or by hand, crumble the bacon into a bread crumb consistency.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the macaroni and cheese, flour and crumbled bacon until blended.
3. Add Panko to a shallow bowl and set aside.
4. Roll approximately 2 tablespoons of the macaroni and cheese mixture into a ball and add a Velveeta cube to the center. Press to eal up tightly then coat in the Panko.
4. Place panko coated ‘bombs’ in freezer while heating the frying oil to 350℉.
5. Fry the macaroni and cheese bombs one at a time until golden on all sides. Remove from the fryer, and cool briefly. Serve while still warm and cheese is melted.
Recipe from Stepable
I love this jingly, jangly, retro sounding tune. That guitar is DaBomb.
Check out Most People on Bandcamp, where you can learn of upcoming shows in eastern Canada and buy their music.
Pingback: Mac And Cheese Bombs. Most People On The Stereo. | homethoughtsfromabroad626