Q: What did the peanut say to the elephant?
A: Nothing. Peanuts can’t talk.
Of course you know that any recipe that has Buckeye, Brownie and Cookie in the title is going to be good. but these guys are simply amazing.
The cookie base tastes like a chewy brownie which gets topped with a silken ball of sweetened peanut butter. The crowning touch is a crisp shell of chocolate to give it the buckeye effect. It’s these contrasting textures that make the cookies so fantastic. You’ll be hard pressed to find someone who won’t swoon after the first bite.
1 box (19.5 ounce or family size) fudge brownie mix
¼ cup butter, melted
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 ounces chocolate Candiquik or Candy Melts
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the brownie mix, butter, cream cheese, and egg. The dough will be sticky. Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet, making about 24 cookies.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the confectioners’ sugar and peanut butter until completely combined. (I did this in the food processor which gave the mixture a silky smooth texture.) Form the mixture into 1 inch balls. Make sure you have one ball for each cookie. Set aside.
4. Bake cookie dough for 12 minutes. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press a peanut butter ball lightly into the center of each cookie. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Melt chocolate in a microwavable bowl for 45 seconds. Stir the chocolate and melt an additional 15 seconds or until completely melted. Spoon some melted chocolate on top of each cookie so it covers the peanut butter ball. Allow chocolate to set. Store cookies in an airtight container.
Makes about 24 cookies. Recipe doubles easily.
Recipe from Tastes Of Lizzy T’s
Joanna Gruesome has a new album coming out titled ‘Peanut Butter’. Hopefully, they will go nuts for these cookies.
“Honestly Do Yr Worst”, the first single, explodes with shoegazey energy and some shouty fun.
Check out Joanna Gruesome on Facebook. You can buy their music here.
If I don’t have candymelts or the other, can I use chocolate chips? If so, semi sweet? Thanks! Can’t wait to try.
I bet that chocolate chips will work just fine. I think the Candyquik just gives a bit more of a “shell” like covering. What is key is the contrast in texture between the pb, brownie and melted chocolate.
Let me know how they turn out! x