Today we are making these fabulous Black Pepper Crêpes With Goat Cheese And Tomatoes for Sigrid Nilsson, a singer from Sweden, who requested a recipe with chèvre.
The peppery crêpes are the perfect vehicle for the sweet tomatoes and creamy cheese. It’s a simple, light, elegant and satisfying dish.
Black Pepper Crêpes With Goat Cheese And Tomatoes
1 cup milk
1⁄2 cup plus 1 Tbs flour
1⁄2 tsp oil
1 tsp freshly ground pepper, plus more, to taste
1⁄2 tsp salt, plus more, to taste
8 tsp unsalted butter
4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
4 oz goat cheese (chèvre), crumbled
1. In a blender, combine the milk, egg, flour, oil, the 1 teaspoon pepper and the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 8.
2. In a crêpe pan over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoon of the butter to coat the pan evenly. Lift the pan at a slight angle and pour 2 tablespoons of the batter into the center, tilting the pan to spread the batter to the edges. Return the pan to the heat and cook until the crêpe is golden underneath, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the crêpe over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate and cover. Repeat to make 8 crêpes.
3. Position a rack 6 inches from broiler and preheat. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. On a work surface, lay a crêpe flat. Put one-eighth of the tomato slices on the crêpe and top with one-eighth of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Fold the crêpe into halves or quarters and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining crêpes and filling.
5. Broil until the crêpes are golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
Recipe from Williams-Sonoma
Sigrid Nilsson’s debut single “Time Will Tell” was written by Jonas Carping, who I wrote about here and has long been a folk favorite of mine since I heard his ‘Underground’ EP back in 2012.
Sigrid’s pure vocals glide over the gentle guitar and violin. It’s a folksy tune, vulnerable and hopeful at the same time.
“Come as you are, and not like they wanted you to be
show your scars, don’t let em fade inside you’ll see
here in this world of beauty, at times we hide in misery
we might be on the verge of breaking, but we’re wide awake you’ll see
Time will tell who really lives within those lies”
Check out Sigrid Nilsson on her Website, where you can buy the music.
Great recipe… I’ll give it a try tomorrow! Ilove Sigrid -she has an incredible voice, and Jonas is an amazing writer and singer too!