In this easy recipe a box of brownie mix gets doctored up with some chocolate chips and a thick cream cheese swirl. Each bite is all at once fudgy and creamy with added texture from the chocolate chips. I set out a tray of these guys for 6 kids and they were gone in 5 minutes. Delicious.
1 (19.5 oz) package brownie mix
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Marble (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Grease a 9 inch square pan, dust with flour and set aside.
3. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Transfer half of the brownie batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly over bottom.
5. Spoon the Cream Cheese Marble over the brownie batter and spread it with a clean rubber spatula to evenly reach the corners.
6. Drop the remaining brownie batter by spoonfuls over the cream cheese layer. Using a knife, drag the batter through the cream cheese layer to create a marbled effect.
7. Bake brownies until the edges are set and the center still a bit soft, 45 minutes.
8. Remove pan from oven and let brownies cool for about 20 minutes. Place pan in refrigerator to cool for another 20 minutes before cutting into squares.
Makes about 20 brownies
Cream Cheese Marble
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 Tbs butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbs flour
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. In bowl of stand mixer beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and continue mixing until incorporated.
Recipes from What Can I Bring? Cookbook by Anne Byrn
Time for a short instrumental.
And a sadly sweet song.
“When you embrace me, I am home”
Check out Babbling April on the band’s Website where you can learn of an upcoming show in Ohio and link to buy their music.