And just like that, I’ve been singing in this virtual kitchen for 4 years. Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing in my love for food and music.
Since it is the 12th day of Christmas and gingerbread is a January 6th tradition, let’s celebrate with some Mini Gingerbread Cheesecakes. These cool and creamy little bites of festive goodness are the perfect sweet treat for our party.
Mini Gingerbread Cheesecakes
Ingredients for crust:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 Tbs granulated sugar
2 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Ingredients for filling:
12 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbs molasses
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Ingredients for whipped cream:
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tbs confectioners’ sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a mini cheesecake pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine crust ingredients. Divide mixture among prepared cheesecake cavities. Press down firmly to create an even layer. (This tart dough tamper is perfect for doing this.) Bake for 5 minutes.
3. Decrease oven temperature to 325°F.
4. In a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar. Add vanilla, molasses, salt and spices. Beat until smooth. Add egg and mix until just combined.
5. Divide batter among the cheesecake tin cavities. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
6. Cool cheesecakes in pan, then transfer to refrigerator to chill thoroughly, about 6-12 hours.
7. Remove cheesecakes from pan and carefully pry off the metal disk from the bottom of each cake.
8. In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream with confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spoon whipped cream onto chilled cheesecakes.
I served my cheesecakes with Iced Gingerbread Kettle Corn and Gingerbread Men Cookies.
Makes 12 mini cheesecakes
Recipe from Baked By Rachel
Happy Birthday ISITK!
Thanks James! It’s good to be 4 again.
Happy birthday! I can’t believe it’s been four years!
I know! I had to recount a couple of times to be sure I wasn’t adding in an extra year or two. :)
That “Time Flies” thing gets more true all of the time.
Oh to be 4 years old again :) Happy Birthday ISITK!
Thanks Muff! x