The Contrast Podcast Festive Fifty is here!
Listeners of The Contrast Podcast voted on their top songs of 2014. The results were compiled and the top 50 songs were chosen.
The first installment, which counts down from song 50 to 34, is ready. You can listen here.
My #28 favorite song of 2014 came in at #45 in The Contrast Podcast Festive Fifty, so I got to do the intro for this episode.
By the way, here’s my 2014 Festive Fifty List:
1. Withered Hand–Horseshoe
2. Kitten Pyramid–Uh Oh
3. St. Vincent–Digital Witness
4. Noah Kahan–Reason
5. St. Vincent–Psychopath
7. Quiet As A Mouse–Dandelion Tea
8. Randolph’s Leap–Light Of The Moon
9. King Post Kitsch–The Days Keep Coming
10. Jonnie Common–Shark
11. Drunk Mule–Summer People
12. Tapioca And The Flea–Take It Slow
13. Bess Rogers–Anchor
14. Virgin Of The Birds–The Talisman And Siobhán
15. Aviators–Haunted House
16. The Ruminaters–I Lost My Grandpa’s Teeth
17. Husky–I’m Not Coming Back
18. Bastard Mountain–Swam Like Sharks
20. The Rebel Light–Strangers
21. Act As If–Oh My My
22. Adam Agin–Fragile Love
23. Exist Elsewhere–Signs
24. Run Rabbit Run–Down The Line
25. Bugs In The Dark–Red Lines
26. Evil Arrows–In Clover
27. Andrew Marica–Forever Gone
28. Morrissey–Kiss Me A Lot
29. Real Estate–Past Lives
30. Vienna Ditto–Feeling Good
31. Withered Hand–Heart Heart
32. Dwight & Nicole–I Need Love
33. Stargroves–Within Me A Lunatic Sings
34. Chase City–Go Back
35. The Provincial Archive–Son Of Sam
36. Quiet As A Mouse–Casketcase
37. Wye Oak–Shriek
38. Lime Cordiale–Sleeping At Your Door
39. Volcanoes–When We Melodise
40. Morrissey–Kick The Bride Down The Aisle
41. Pale Green Things–Pink Flamingo
42. Honeyblood –(I’d Rather Be) Anywhere But Here
43. INEGO–Startin’ Fires
44. Fireproof Giant–A Place To Start
45. Trips And Falls–Your Consequences Are Bullshit
46. In-Flight Safety–Animals
47. Adam Stafford–Cold Seas
48. Lori Kelley–On Beach Time
49. Young Maverick–Hey Woo
50. Okapi Sun–Judy Baby
These adorable and tasty Bite-Size Cinnamon Roll Cookies are perfect to nibble on while listening to hot tunes from 2014. They’re like eating little shortbread/sugar cookie-like cinnamon buns.
Bite-Size Cinnamon Roll Cookies
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1-1/4 cups butter, softened
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4-1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
Glaze (recipe follows)
1. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon until blended.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, yeast and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
4. Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each into an 8 x 6-inch (or approximate) rectangle; sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons brown sugar mixture. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Cut dough crosswise into 3/8-inch slices. Place 1 inch apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
8. Dip tops of cookies in glaze. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container
Makes about 6 dozen cookies
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
Recipes from Taste Of Home Magazine
Morrissey’s 2014 release ‘World Peace Is None Of Your Business’ is a continuation of the formula that has worked for his last few solo albums. Lots of catchy hooks, uptempo beats and plenty of self-righteous indignation. The voice is still ace.