Today’s Slow Cooker Ginger Lime Chicken is one of those welcome dishes that takes only 5 minutes to assemble. Chop some garlic, grate some ginger then mix with a few other ingredients before pouring over the chicken and letting the slow cooker do its thing.
Before serving, the cooking liquid is boiled down a little to thicken it up and create a light sauce for the chicken. The simple rapini with garlic is a nice accompaniment and easy to whip up while the sauce is reducing.
Slow Cooker Ginger Lime Chicken
9 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
2 cups low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup lime juice
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons grated ginger
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon ground pepper
3 cups water
1. Place chicken in slow cooker.
2. Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken.
3. Cook for 8 hours on low setting.
4. About 45 minutes before serving, ladle out liquid from slow cooker and transfer to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 20 minutes to reduce. Serve sauce with chicken.
Recipe from The Coers Family
Rapini And Garlic
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 bunches rapini (about 2 pounds), bottom 3 inches of stems trimmed away
1 cup chicken broth
1. Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and stir until it sizzles.
2. Add the rapini, as much as can fit in pan at a time. Stir to coat with oil.
3. When the greens begin to wilt add broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 to 12 minutes until the greens are softened.
Recipe from FoodNetwork.com
I am starting the week off with this absolutely gorgeous song from Utah-based band Bat Manors. Lead singer Adam Klopp is only 20…a very impressive talent indeed.
Check out Bat Manors on the band’s Website. Their debut album ‘Literally Weird’ will be out January 25th, 2015 on Bleed101 Records.