Today’s Slow Cooker Ginger Lime Chicken is one of those welcome dishes that takes only 5 minutes to assemble. Chop some garlic, grate some ginger then mix with a few other ingredients before pouring over the chicken and letting the slow cooker do its thing.
Before serving, the cooking liquid is boiled down a little to thicken it up and create a light sauce for the chicken. The simple rapini with garlic is a nice accompaniment and easy to whip up while the sauce is reducing.
9 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
2 cups low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup lime juice
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons grated ginger
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon ground pepper
3 cups water
1. Place chicken in slow cooker.
2. Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken.
3. Cook for 8 hours on low setting.
4. About 45 minutes before serving, ladle out liquid from slow cooker and transfer to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 20 minutes to reduce. Serve sauce with chicken.
Recipe from The Coers Family
Rapini And Garlic
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 bunches rapini (about 2 pounds), bottom 3 inches of stems trimmed away
1 cup chicken broth
1. Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and stir until it sizzles.
2. Add the rapini, as much as can fit in pan at a time. Stir to coat with oil.
3. When the greens begin to wilt add broth. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 to 12 minutes until the greens are softened.
Recipe from FoodNetwork.com
I am starting the week off with this absolutely gorgeous song from Utah-based band Bat Manors. Lead singer Adam Klopp is only 20…a very impressive talent indeed.