Chimichangas, those crispy, delectable deep-fried burritos made popular in the American southwest, get lightened up (well, a little bit!) in this oven-fried version. Chicken is mixed with a spiced salsa, cheese and onions before being rolled up in flour tortillas and baked until golden. Super easy, super delicious and super fast, this is one of the best recipes I have made recently.
2⁄3 cup picante sauce or salsa
1 tsp ground cumin
1⁄2 tsp dried oregano
1 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
2 green onions, chopped
6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
2 Tbs butter, melted
Additional shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onion and salsa for serving
1. In a large bowl mix together the chicken, picante sauce, cumin, oregano, cheese and onions.
2. Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla. Fold opposite sides over filling.
Roll up from bottom and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
3. Brush rolled tortillas with butter.
4. Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden.
5. Top each chimichanga with guacamole and toppings of your choice.
Recipe from KitchMe
I would typically serve up Tex-Mex with something loud and margarita-ready. However, I heard this song for the first time today and fell instantly in love with it.
I’m going to Scotland next month, so started searching around for bands and new music in the hope that I could see a live show while there.
I happened upon this gorgeous song from Glasgow-based Skinny Dipper. Such beautifully soft vocals singing such lovely lyrics. The song title is actually “Hospital Bed” from the forthcoming EP ‘Masks’.