Can we talk about ‘Best’ for a minute, specifically when used as a closing line to a letter or email:
When you don’t care enough to give ‘All the best’?
Is it shorthand for ‘Best regards’ for people too busy or lazy to type the original?
Personally, I use ‘Cheers’ with my friends and ‘Sincerely’ for correspondence with teachers, doctors and other such acquaintances. ‘With warmest regards’ is nice, as is ‘Thanks’ if that is the warranted sentiment.
‘Sent from my iPhone’ sounds warmer.
usual ranting humble opinion.
When I like “Best” best is when it is in a recipe title. That gets my attention.
The Best White Cupcakes.
For sure these oil based cupcakes are truly moist with a tender, fluffy crumb from the addition of corn starch. The pronounced vanilla flavor adds to their lovely flavor.
I’ll admit I was nervous about using all of that oil in a cupcake recipe, but the cake was not oily in the least and stayed fresh tasting for about 3 days.
The Best White Cupcakes
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 Tbs pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pure almond extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 Tbs baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sour cream
Your choice of icing
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Line muffin tins with 27 cupcake liners.
3. In a large bowl, add the oil and sugar. Beat for 2 minutes.
4. Add the eggs and both extracts and beat until smooth, another 3 minutes.
5. In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat on medium low speed until just incorporated. Scrape down sides of bowl then add the sour cream. Beat on low speed just until sour cream is mixed in.
7. Scoop batter halfway up cupcake liners. Bake for 20 minutes, until a tester inserted into centers comes out clean.
8. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from tins. Allow to cool completely before icing as desired.
Recipe from The Alchemist
And here one is all dressed up. Use a 1M tip to get the rose effect.
Ships Have Sailed, founded by Will Carpenter (who grew up in central Vermont!) has a new EP out titled ‘Someday’. It’s packed with 6 utterly contagious songs, like this one.
Check out Ships Have Sailed on the Website, where you can buy the music and some cool T-shirts.
Huh, I’m actually a fan of “Best” I really like it…I really like these cupcakes too.
It’s a popular sign off for a reason! Glad you liked the cupcakes. xx