These cookies are completely over the top.
Two honey-scented chocolate chip cookies filled with caramel to create a golf ball sized sweet treat. The caramel here has a praline like texture and is a terrific match for the cookies.
Caramel-Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Caramel Filling (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs, then honey and vanilla.
4. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
7. Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons filling onto bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies.
Makes about 2-1/2 dozen filled cookies
6 tablespoons butter, cubed
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons 2% milk
1-1/3 to 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar (Note: I used less, only about 3/4 cup. Add sugar slowly until the caramel is the consistency you like.)
1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
2. Beat in enough confectioners’ sugar to reach desired consistency. (see my note above)
Recipe from Simple & Delicious Magazine
Justin DiFebbo, from the Philadelphia area, has released his debut album “Turn Out the Light, Turn on the Stereo”.
The album is all at once chill, quiet, beseeching, folksy, funky and completely engaging. Justin’s sweet voice and brilliant lyrics highlight every song. And did I mention that he plays a gazillion instruments?
I love the whole record, but ‘Storm’ is the tune that makes me swoon.
“Your calm is more my storm, my friend
If this night should never end
well my whole world would shatter
And when this storm heads out to sea
and it calms eventually
By then it shouldn’t matter
….I’ll stay right here and tend to my fears”
Check out Justin DiFebbo on Facebook and Bandcamp, where you can buy the music.
Yum. I’m going to make me some cookies tonight. Thanks for the review!
Your album is brilliant. I like it more with every single listen. Such lovely lyrics.
Thanks so much for stopping by. x