Whether or not you have a Valentine, here is an idea for an elegant and super easy dessert. I’m a perennial Pavlova poster since it is one of my favorite desserts and one of the most asked for birthday “cakes” chez moi.
Crisp meringue, whipped cream and fresh berries= LOVE.
Mixed Berry Pavlova
6 egg whites
1 1/2 cups (315g) caster sugar
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon cornflour or cornstarch
300ml heavy cream
Mixed berries, to serve
Confectioners’ sugar mixture, to dust
1. Preheat oven to 120°C/250℉. Trace a 20cm /8 inch circle onto a piece of parchment paper. Line an oven tray with the baking paper.
2. In a clean, dry bowl, use an electric mixer to whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well until thick and glossy.
3. Add the vinegar and cornflour and fold gently until just combined.
4. Spoon or pipe the mixture onto the prepared tray. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until dry to the touch. Turn off oven and leave, with the door ajar, to cool completely.
5. Use an electric mixer to whip cream until soft peaks form.
6. Transfer Pavlova to a serving plate. Top with cream, berries and confectioners’ sugar.
Recipe from Taste.com.au
I sure hope you are not having a Shit Day. (Make some Pavlova if you are.)
Quite the toe tapper we got here. It is from the album “Pavlova & the Jandals”.
Check out Fleur Jack on her Website, where you can learn of an upcoming show in Seattle and buy the music.
Pingback: Pavlova With Berries And Salted Caramel Sauce. New Music From The Response. | I Sing In The Kitchen
Pingback: Very Berry Pavlova. Listening To The Minerals. | I Sing In The Kitchen