Attention cookie dough lovers! Have I got a recipe for you.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars.
Let that sink in.
All of the fabulousness of cookie dough with none of the guilt, about cookies not being baked, when you dig in to eat it.
The peanut butter-chocolate topping is a nice touch, but I think I might leave the peanut butter out next time.
Do note that there was some discussion in the comments section of the blog I got the recipe from about the safety of eating raw flour. I had never heard of any danger. I can attest that I ate almost a whole pan of these bars without any problem whatsoever! So yummy.
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups mini chocolate chips
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Line an 8 × 8 inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
3. Turn the mixer to low. Alternately add the flour and the sweetened condensed milk until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Lightly flour your hands if dough is too sticky.
5. Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight until firm.
6. To make the topping, combine peanut butter and ½ cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Spread chocolate mixture over the top of the cookie dough. Chill for at least 1 hour until firm.
Makes a lot of bars
Recipe from The Recipe Critic
‘The Charm Offensive’ is a new song from Liverpool based band ETCHES. I love the slightly disjointed feel of the rhythm and the way the singer’s voice harks a bit to The Chameleons.