Quiche in a slow cooker?
I knew it would work because it seems like almost anything can be slow cooked these days. I just didn’t know how easy and downright good it would be.
I had never had turkey bacon up until now. While I do not think I will serve it alone any time soon (too much like the thin consistency of dried beef), it was very flavorful in this healthy recipe. We had it for dinner with a side of salad. Yum.
6 oz package turkey bacon, chopped
1 (15 ounce) package Alexia Oven Reds (olive oil, Parmesan and garlic frozen potato wedges), cut into bite-size pieces (Allow to thaw for a few minutes to make it easier to cut the potatoes)
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 Vidalia onion, chopped
6 ounces cheddar cheese (low fat, if you like), shredded
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups skim milk
2 tablespoons minced chives
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup Bisquick Heart Smart
1. Grease slow cooker interior.
2. Cook turkey bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until just crisp, 9 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, toss together potato wedges, turkey bacon, red pepper, onion and 1 cup of the cheese.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, chives, salt and pepper. Whisk in Bisquick.
5. Pour potato mixture into slow cooker. Add egg mixture and top with remaining cheese.
6. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours. Cut into wedges and serve.
Recipe from Recipe.com
‘Warrior Lord’ is from the new album by Minneapolis-based band Poliça.
Dreamy, trippy and half singing, half murmur mumbling, it’s lovely stuff.
Check out Poliça on the band’s Website, where you can buy their music.