I’m serious when I tell you that this Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Pie is out of this world. It couldn’t be be easier to make and the combination of ice cream, sorbet, chocolate, fresh raspberries, clouds of cream and bittersweet chocolate curls is a summertime dream.
Ingredients for crust:
12 to 15 whole chocolate graham crackers (or 128 chocolate Teddy Grahams)
5 tablespoons butter, softened
1⁄4 cup sugar (I omitted the sugar as I thought the grahams provided enough sweetness)
Ingredients for filling:
1 pint vanilla ice cream
1 pint raspberry sorbet
1 pint chocolate ice cream
1 pint raspberries
8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
Ingredients for garnish (optional):
Chocolate curls or chocolate sauce
1. Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
2. To make crust: Pulse crackers in food processor until fine crumbs form. Add butter and sugar (if using); pulse until crumbs are moistened. Press firmly over bottom and up sides of pie plate. Freeze 30 minutes.
3. Place vanilla ice cream in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to slightly soften. Spoon into crust; spread evenly. Freeze 15 minutes or until firm.
4. Slightly soften sorbet; spread on vanilla ice cream. Freeze until firm.
5. Slightly soften chocolate ice cream. Spread evenly on sorbet. Freeze at least 3 hours, or wrap airtight and freeze up to 1 week.
6. Top pie with 1⁄2 pint raspberries.
7. Drop spoonfuls of whipped topping on berries; spread evenly.
8. Top with remaining berries.
9. Make chocolate curls by firmly pulling a swivel-blade vegetable peeler across a bar or block of slightly softened chocolate.(I microwave a small block of chocolate for about 20 seconds to get it soft)
10. Garnish pie with chocolate curls or some chocolate sauce.
Recipe from Woman’s Day Magazine
Ready to get your Saturday dance moves going? Turn up the volume and move to the infectious ‘Dead Hip’ by Glaswegian band, Blood Relatives.
Check out Blood Relatives on the band’s Website, where you can learn upcoming Scottish gigs. Keep an eye on their Facebook page to check how to buy their new album ‘Deerheart’, due out in October.