Let’s hear it for this yummy, lamby dinner.
If you love lamb, you’ll like it grilled in this Italian inspired mix of herbs. The mint cream sauce is a perfect dipper. And one can never go wrong with grilled vegetables, imho, especially when tossed with a liberal sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Ingredients for marinade:
½ c olive oil
3 Tbs lemon juice
1 tsp rosemary, dried or 1 Tbs fresh
1 tsp oregano, dried or 1 Tbs fresh
1 tsp thyme, dried or 1 Tbs fresh
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper, fresh ground
¼ tsp lemon zest
Ingredients for chops:
4 (1″ thick) lamb chops, about 1 1/4 pounds
Ingredients for mint cream sauce:
1/3 cup sour cream
4 Tbs fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
1. Whisk together all marinade ingredients. Place the lamb chops in a resealable bag and pour in the marinade. Turn to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or more, turning chops to cover.
2. Meanwhile, combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
3. Drain the chops. Reserve liquid.
4. Place the chops on a grill over med-high heat and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes per side – medium rare – or until desired doneness. When turning the chops over, brush some of the marinade on the chops. Serve with the Mint Cream Sauce.
Recipe from Vermont Castings Cookbook
Grilled Asparagus And Peppers
1 pound asparagus
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 Tbs olive oil
Kosher salt and ground pepper
3 Tbs Parmesan cheese
1. Snap off and discard tough ends from the asparagus. Place in a perforated grill pan set on waxed paper. Drizzle with olive oil.
2. Heat grill. Place grill pan on the grill and cook until asparagus is tender crisp, about 5 minutes, turning frequently.
3. Meanwhile place peppers on the grill and turn until charred on all side. Let cool and then remove skins. Cut peppers into strips.
4. Place asparagus in a bowl with the pepper strips and sprinkle with Parmesan, salt and pepper.
This is a new single from folk singer Brett Dennen’s upcoming album ‘Smoke And Mirrors’ due out in October.
“Wild Child” is as warm and pleasant as a sunny, summer day.