My household is in total agreement.
We LOVE these Turtle Cookie Cups.
Fantastically easy, this is the best little treat I have made recently.
I’m sure any brand of cookie mix will work, but this Betty C with big chunks of chocolate is wonderful. The cups baked up moist, the delectable caramel candy softened and the pecan added perfect crunch. And they are adorable, too.
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker double chocolate chunk cookie mix
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
36 round milk chocolate-covered chewy caramels (Rolos), unwrapped
36 pecan halves
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Place miniature paper baking cups in each well of a total of 36 mini muffin pans.
3. In large bowl stir cookie mix, oil, water, and egg until soft dough forms. Shape dough into 36 (1-1/4 inch) balls; place in muffin cups.
4. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until edges are set.
5. Immediately press one milk chocolate-covered caramel into center of each cookie cup. Cool two minutes. Top with pecan halves.
6. Cool completely. Remove from pans with narrow spatula.
Recipe from Betty Crocker
Short and Sweet music time.
I asked for some suggestions on the ISITK Facebook page and got some nifty recommendations. Here are two. I’ll play some of the others in the next S & S post.
I always forget how many little known, but very cool songs The Beatles have in their catalog. Like this really short and quite poignant tune as it is the last song on the last album the band recorded.
Songs don’t get much sweeter than this next one by Drunk Mule. Bonus: If you are in the mood to sing in the kitchen, the lyrics are easy to pick up. :)
Check out The Beatles here where you can also buy their music.