Three minutes of “OW!”. What are these people thinking?
I’ve been holding out on you. I made these amazing tacos about a month ago and have been meaning to share, but keep getting distracted by other recipes.
Baked Tacos. What a brilliant idea. It makes it so easy to serve a crowd in no time at all.
My family loves all kinds of tacos, but my kids think that this may be their favorite version ever.
The recipe uses a homemade taco seasoning and refried beans are added to the ground beef. Super good.
In this baked version, the cheese melts into the filling and the shells stay crisp, just not as crunchy as when made the usual way. Another bonus is that the filling stays put and doesn’t spill out with the first bite.
Make these soon.
2 lbs ground beef
2 teaspoons onion powder
3 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
2 cups shredded Colby-jack cheese
18-20 hard taco shells
1. Preheat the oven to 400℉.
2. Prepare taco seasoning. In a small bowl combine onion, chili powder, cornstarch, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Mix well and set aside.
3. In a large skillet brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain. Add refried beans, tomato sauce, and prepared taco seasoning. Mix well.
4. Spoon the taco meat mixture into the taco shells and place in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, standing up. Sprinkle cheese over the top of the taco meat in each shell.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tacos are heated through. Remove from the oven and top with lettuce, tomato, salsa and guacamole.
Serves 8 to 10
Recipe from BlogChef.net
Shoes off. Sliding around in my stocking feet to this infectious tune. Holy Retro, this is good.
Check out JD McPherson on his Website, where you can learn upcoming US and Australian tour dates. You can buy his album here.
Pingback: One Pan Baked Sliders. Cool New Folk From Gerygone & Twig. | I Sing In The Kitchen
Pingback: Top 10 Tex-Mex Recipes For Cinco de Mayo. Peluqueria Hernandez Anyone? | I Sing In The Kitchen
Pingback: Sloppy Joe Oven Baked Tacos. New Music From Gallery 47. | I Sing In The Kitchen
Pingback: Baked Sausage Pizza Tacos | I Sing In The Kitchen