Unexpected and so funny.
You know that a pasta dish with bacon is going to be good. The preparation here is very simple, but that is what makes it so delicious.
Canned whole tomatoes are held to a higher quality standard than the already diced ones, so are a good choice for a tomato fix in the off season.
Spaghetti With Tomatoes, Bacon, And Onions
4 slices bacon, chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (14-1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, with juices
Salt and fresh coarse ground black pepper
1 lb spaghetti
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Sauté bacon in a skillet until partially browned; drain off most of the fat.
2. Add olive oil to the skillet; heat over low heat.
3. Add in onion; sauté until tender but not browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
5. Add in tomatoes; cook, stirring to break up the tomatoes with the side of a spoon, until sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until cooked al dente; drain.
8. Toss pasta with the sauce and parsley; sprinkle with grated cheese and serve.
Recipe from 365 Ways To Cook Pasta by Marie Simmons
After a bunch of EPs, Doldrums is releasing its full length debut album, ‘Lesser Evil’, tomorrow.
Anomaly is the first single out and it is wicked good.
Slightly out of synch, but with its solid beat, this is skip around the kitchen music.
“Her magnet eyes
her far afield
I’m counting down the steps till the reveal
until then it’s hidden behind her veil”
Check out Doldrums on Facebook and Soundcloud. You can buy the music at Soutterrain Transmissions.