Ever seen this humorous date video?
That vid is about a hundred years old, but still makes me laugh.
So, Date Nut Bread.
So simple. But Dates? You might think…nah.
Change it up to “Yeah”. You will be happy you did when you bite into this rich, but light, nutty loaf.
1-1/2 cups chopped dates
1-1/2 cups hot water
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, combine the dates, water and butter; let stand for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, walnuts, baking soda and salt.
3. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla and date mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
4. Pour into two greased 8-inch x 4-inch loaf pans.
5. Bake at 375°F for 45-50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
6. Cover loosely with foil if top browns to quickly. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Recipe from Taste Of Home Magazine
I was looking to tie the music into dates.
Well, there is the film ‘Save The Date.’
And this magnificent song.
Check out The One AM Radio on Bandcamp, where you can link to buy their music.