It’s that time of year.
Festive Fifty time, that is.
Here is my top fifty favorite songs of 2012.
3. Jesus H. Foxxe-Elegy For The Good
4. Jesus H. Foxxe-So Much Water
5. Twilight Sad-Another Bed
6. Perfume Genius-Hood
7. Withered Hand-Heart Heart
9. King Post Kitsch-Movies And Magazines
10. Jonas Carping-Underground
11. The Magnetic North-Bay Of Skaill
12. Father John Misty-Hollywood Forever Cemetary Sings
13. Andrew Bird-EyeonEye
14. Beach House-Myth
15. Rob St. John-The Acid Test
16. Two Wounded Birds-It’s Not Up To You
17. Fresh & Onlys-Yes Or No
18. The Leg-Bake Yourself Silly
19. Rosie Bans-You Me And The TV
20. The Shins-Simple Song
21. Why?-Sod In The Seed
22. Matt Norris & The Moon-Shadow From The Sun
23. Mickey Gloss-Crocodile Smile
24. Trapped Mice-Mona Lisa
25. Father Sculptor-Dysmirror
26. Flash Fiktion-The Rapture Of Your Design
27. Admiral Fallow-Beetle In The Box
28. The Amends-More To Give
29. Grizzly Bear-Yet Again
30. The Ugly Club-David Foster Wallace
31. Withered Hand-Saint Elmo
32. Yusuf Azak-Lay Me Down
33. Lil Daggers- Dead Golden Girls
34. The King Hats-Burning Bridges
35. Jason Lytle-Dept. Of Disappearance
36. Portage-Down To The Floor
37. Gotye-Somebody I Used To Know
38. PSY-Gangnum Style
39. Black Keys-Lonely Boy
40. Crocodiles-Endless Flowers
41. Perfume Genius-Rusty Chains
42. Bear Cavalry-Aubrey Plaza
43. Crushing Blows-I Dream Of Becoming A Girl
44. This Many Boyfriends-How Is This Even A Job?
45. Helio Sequence-October
46. Heyward Howkins-The Raucous Calls Of Morning
48. The Silver Seas-Home & Dry
50. Nada Surf- Waiting For Something
Now it is Chocolate Chip Cookie time.
Chocolate Chunk Cookies, to be exact.
Totally full of chunks of chocolate and chopped nuts. And really healthy because they contain rolled oats.
The Wilton website says this: “Each cookie serves 1.” What does that even mean?
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
2-1/2 cups oatmeal
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1-1/2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. Place small amount of oats in blender container; process until powdered. Repeat until all oats are powdered.
2. Combine powdered oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
3. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture; mix well. Stir in chocolate and walnuts. Chill at least 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F. Scoop a tablespoon of cookie dough and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool.
Makes about 4 dozen.
Freeze Ahead Directions: Prepare cookie dough as directed above. Using cookie scoop, drop balls of dough, close together, onto ungreased cookie sheet. Freeze. Place frozen dough in airtight container. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375°F. Place frozen cookie dough, 2 inches apart, on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Recipe from Wilton
For solid rock with an edge, I love listening to The Amends. Their song ‘More To Give’ is number 28 on my Festive Fifty. (I shared it in this post.)
This is the second single from The Amends’ upcoming second album due out on January 8th.
This video is fun.
“It’d be nice if you just shut the fuck up”.
Check out The Amends on the band’s Website, where you can link to buy the music.