Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who celebrate.
To those who don’t, I wish you a fabulous Thursday.
If you are making a turkey today, you might not have thought yet what to do with any leftovers.
Here is an idea for an over the top, cheesy, creamy main dish pasta casserole. I love the hint of white wine flavor in the sauce and the crunch from the fried onions.
4 ounces thin spaghetti
15 ounces Alfredo sauce
2 cups frozen peas
1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
4 ounce can of mushroom stems and pieces, drained (or use sliced fresh)
1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons white wine
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 cup French-fried onions
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, peas, turkey, mushrooms, cheeses, wine and onion powder.
3. Drain spaghetti. Add to sauce mixture; toss to coat.
4. Transfer to a greased 8-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle with onions and paprika.
5. Cover and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Note: I doubled the ingredients and baked in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
Recipe from Simple & Delicious Magazine
I was looking for a Thankful themed song.
Johan Hliom’s ‘Finally. Thank You.’ is so good with that erratic beat behind those divinely smooth vocals.
Kind of quirky. Definitely different.
Check out Johan Hliom on Myspace and Soundcloud.
I may not say so every day, but I am so thankful for you taking the time to stop by!
Happy Thanksgiving Tricia!
Thanks Lia! Have a wonderful day yourself.