Bacon Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
Yes, I am serious.
Sugar coated crisp smokey-salty bacon tucked into a Chocolate Chunk Cookie. It works.
6 slices smoked bacon
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Place 1/4 cup brown sugar in a shallow dish and dredge raw bacon to coat. Transfer sugar coated bacon to a cold skillet and place over medium heat. Cook bacon until crispy, about 5 minutes per side. When cooked, drain slices on a paper towel lined plate, then chop finely. (I oven baked the brown sugar coated bacon on a parchment lined baking sheet for about 15 minutes)
3. Add the butter and sugars to the bowl of a stand mixer and cream together until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture until well mixed. Fold in chocolate chunks and bacon.
5. Using a cookie scoop, drop balls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-11 minutes until barely golden around the edges. Be careful not to overbake.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes on the sheet. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Recipe from The Jey Of Cooking
Hamilton Road started my day. Now this is music to wake up to. It’s like watching the tide come in when nothing else matters.
Check out Ducktails on Facebook and Bandcamp, where you can buy the music.