If you like Greek inspired food, you will love this shrimp dish. The aromatic shrimp, crunchy breadcrumb topping, rich tomato sauce and feta, all lemon scented, is irresistible.
Roasted Shrimp With Feta
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 1/2 cups fennel, finely chopped
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
2 teaspoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon Pernod
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/4 pounds peeled shrimp with tails on
5 ounces feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
3 tablespoons minced parsley
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1. Preheat the oven to 400℉.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-low heat. Add the fennel and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes, until the fennel is tender.
3. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the wine and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by half.
4. Add the tomatoes with the liquid, tomato paste, oregano, Pernod, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Arrange the shrimp, tails up, in one layer over the tomato-mixture in the skillet. Scatter the feta evenly over the shrimp. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, and lemon zest with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle over the shrimp.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked and the bread crumbs are golden brown. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the shrimp. Serve hot with the remaining lemon cut into wedges.
1 (8 oz) can crescent rolls, such as Pillsbury
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup (1 oz) grated Parmesan Cheese
1 teaspoon rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 375℉.
2. Roll out the dough by keeping the crescent rolls in pairs, forming four rectangles. Press perforations together so that you have one large rectangle.
3. Place cream cheese in a small bowl, add rosemary and Parmesan cheese to the bowl and mix well.
4. Spread the cheese mixture onto the dough, leaving a border. Roll up the sheet of dough from the short side. Using a serrated knife, cut the rolled up dough into 22 slices.
5. Place slices on pizza stone or greased baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe from Adventures Are Better Together
I love songs that tell a story. There’s a mini tale in this tune. A sad little tale, at that.
Frank Turner-The Real Damage
Check out Frank Turner on his Website, where you can also buy the music and learn of upcoming world tour dates.