What did the snail say to his ex wife?
“I’m still leaving you.”
I saw a photo of these cupcakes and couldn’t wait to try them.
Any cake with candy inside is a winner in my book. And Ferrero Rocher? The “tempting combination of luscious, creamy, chocolaty filling surrounding a whole hazelnut, within a delicate, crisp wafer, all enveloped in milk chocolate and finely chopped hazelnuts.”
Oh yes, winner.
Top it all off with Nutella Buttercream and that is one amazing cupcake.
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
1. Prepare cupcake batter according to package directions.
2. Divide the batter evenly into a muffin pan fitted with cupcake liners . Press one Ferrero Rocher into the center of each cupcake. Don’t worry if the candy is not completely submersed as the icing will cover it.
3. Bake for 22 – 25 minutes, at directed temperature, until a tester comes out clean. Transfer the muffin pan to a cooling rack. Cool to room temperature before icing the cupcakes.
8 oz unsalted butter, softened and cut into cubes
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoons heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup Nutella or other chocolate-hazelnut spread
Pinch of salt
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip butter for 5 minutes on medium speed until pale & creamy.
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix on low speed for 1 minute, then on medium speed for 5 minutes.
3. Ice cupcakes as desired. (I used a French Star tip to swirl the icing on.)
Recipe from Bakerita
Time for a short song.
Amy Millan-Day To Day
And a sweet song.
April Showers-Abandon Ship
Check out Amy Millan on her Website, where you can buy the music.