Bird brained humor to kick off the week.
This Crustless Leek Quiche is perfect for breakfast, brunch or a light dinner. I especially love the combination of goat cheese and brie.
1 tablespoon butter
4 leeks, cut into thin, 2-inch-long strips
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
4 ounces goat cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
A few drops hot sauce
A few drops Worcestershire sauce
8 ounces brie, cut into 8 equal pieces
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400℉.
2. In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the leeks and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the leeks are slightly tender but not soft, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Crumble in the goat cheese and whisk until the mixture looks fairly smooth; season lightly with salt and pepper. Whisk in the cream, milk, hot sauce and Worcestershire.
4. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish. Fill it evenly with the leeks, then pour in the egg mixture.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove dish from the oven and layer the brie pieces on top. Return to oven and bake until the quiche is slightly browned and just set, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool for 20 to 30 minutes. Slice into 8 even squares and top with the green onions.
Recipe from Everyday With Rachel Ray Magazine
This new song from Olympic Swimmers is very easy on the ears. Catchy and full of energy, it sounds really good loud.
Check out Olympic Swimmers on the band’s Website, Facebook and on their Bandcamp page, where you can buy the music.
This looks fab. Thanks for linking up with Food on friday. Cheers