Let’s continue with what you really want to make soon.
I saw this recipe and it had MAKE ME NOW written all over it.
Steak House seems to be etched into my cooking brain.
Two days ago I posted this Steak House Burger menu. Mmmm.
Holy Grill. Steak House Salad Pizza is just as intriguing and delicious as it sounds. I adore the crunch of the cool toppings over the warm steak and dough. A slathering of blue cheese and it is pizza heaven.
2 New York strip steaks, trimmed (8 oz each)
Salt and black pepper
1 lb fresh pizza dough
1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella
5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomato
1⁄3 cup minced red onion
Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing to taste (recipe follows)
1. Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush grill grate with oil.
2. Brush steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill steaks, covered, to desired doneness, 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
3. Dip dough in flour and roll into a 16-inch round. Lightly brush dough with oil and season with salt.
4. Grill dough, covered, 2 minutes. Flip dough, sprinkle on mozzarella, cover, and grill until cheese melts and crust blisters and crisps, about 2 minutes.
5. Top grilled dough with romaine, tomato, onion, and steak slices. Drizzle pizza with Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing.
Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1⁄2 cup sour cream
1⁄2 cup buttermilk
2 tsp white wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Whisk together blue cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
Makes 2 cups
Note: For creamier blue cheese dressing, purée ingredients in a food processor until smooth. I was in a rush and used prepared Ranch Dressing with blue cheese crumbles stirred in. It was divine. I still want to try this blue cheese dressing next time.
Recipe from Cuisine At Home Magazine
Kick back with some pizza and this completely addictive song from Moon Duo.
Check out Moon Duo on the band’s Website, Where you can buy the music and some cool T-shirts. They have a mega world tour coming up; dates are listed on the site, too.