Well, this video was unexpected.
Love the song. You go granny girl! (Anyone else have a sore right hip just from watching?)
Continue rocking out to some exceptionally good chicken. The herby lemon marinade gives the grilled chicken mouthwatering flavor. The (very, extremely, swimmingly) creamy fettuccine alfredo makes a divine side dish.
Lemon Grilled Chicken
1 lemon (plus more to slice for garnish if you like)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbs chopped parsley
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp marjoram (I used oregano)
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Use a peeler to remove strips of zest from half of the lemon. Reserve. Grate the other side of the lemon to make 1 Tbs zest. Then squeeze the juice from the lemon into a bowl.
2. Combine lemon zest and juice, oil, garlic, parsley, thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken breasts. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
4. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade.
5. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill about 10 minutes on each side or until done. Sprinkle with lemon strips and additional lemon to serve.
Recipe slightly adapted from Cooking Light
Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups whipping cream
2 cups grated Parmesan
1 lb fettuccine
Fresh basil leaves
1. Place butter in a heatproof bowl. Beat until smooth with an electric mixer. Add cream and Parmesan. Set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and immediately add to butter mixture in the large bowl. Toss to coat well. Season with pepper.
3. Serve pasta with sliced basil sprinkled over.
Recipe from Great American Recipes
I have been really loving this new song from Tu Fawning. Completely addictive right from the opening beats. The vocals are dreamy and wonderfully calming.
Anchor is available as a free download on the band’s Soundcloud page.