In honor of next Sunday and because Cadbury Creme Eggs seem to be all the rage this time of year, I offer up this video.
Personally, these kinds of domino set ups completely exhaust me. But, this one was pretty clever. Still exhausting.
Maybe you are looking for some make ahead dishes to serve for Breakfast or Brunch next week for Easter?
Both of these dishes are so good.
The Strata is one of the best I have ever tried. It bakes up puffy and bubbling with cheese. The layers are dense, but taste surprisingly light. Not too eggy, either.
As far as quiches go, this is a good recipe to have on hand because it is so easy and fast given that it’s made with a purchased crust. Broccoli tastes so good with cheese. Yum.
Overnight Swiss Cheese Strata
About 12 slices white bread
3 cups Swiss cheese, shredded and divided
8 large eggs
2 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish. Place 6 slices of bread (depending on the size of your bread you may need 2 more slices) on bottom of dish. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups cheese. Place remaining bread slices over cheese and then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
2. In a bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Pour mixture over bread and cheese. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350℉. Bake uncovered for 1 hour, or until puffy and golden and the center is set.
Broccoli and Cheese Quiche
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded yellow Cheddar cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 frozen ready-to-bake 9-inch pie shell, thawed
1 cup half-and-half
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cheeses and broccoli, mix well and sprinkle into the pie shell.
3. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, half-and-half, onion powder; and pepper until thoroughly combined. Pour into pie shell; sprinkle with the nutmeg.
4. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until firm and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes, slice and serve.
Make Ahead Tip:
Make the quiche a day or two before you plan to serve it. Cover and store in fridge. Reheat in oven until hot.
Recipes from Mr. Food Christmas Made Easy
Here is some dreamy new music from Australia’s Shady Lane. Excellent music to wake up to.
Shady Lane-Dumb Hope