These cupcakes are just the thing for Valentine’s Day.
Chocolate cupcakes make a good stand in for a box of chocolates. The addition of the white chocolate in the icing makes it a breeze to pipe. I’m not a really big white chocolate fan, but I really liked how it tasted in this icing recipe.
Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes With White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
1 box (18.25 oz) devil’s food cake mix with pudding
3/4 cup water
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Directions for the cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line cupcake tins with 24 paper liners.
2. Place cake mix, water, sour cream, oil, eggs and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Increase the mixer speed and beat 2 more minutes. Spoon the batter into lined cupcake cups, filling each liner three quarters of the way full.
3. Bake the cupcakes for 20 to 25 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool on a rack 5 minutes, remove cupcakes from tin and allow to cool on a rack for 15 minutes before frosting.
Ingredients for the icing:
6 oz white chocolate, chopped
8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 Tbs butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
Colored sugar and sprinkles, to garnish
Directions for the icing:
1. Microwave the white chocolate for 1 minute until smooth. Set aside to cool.
2. Place cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well combined, about 30 seconds. Add the white chocolate and blend on low speed until just combined. Add vanilla and 2 1/2 cups of the confectioners’ sugar. Blend on low speed until the sugar is incorporated, about 30 seconds more. Add more sugar as needed to make the icing spreadable. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat until the icing is fluffy, 1 minute more.
3. Frost the cupcakes as desired:
➔You can pipe the frosting with a medium star tip, such as a #18 or #21, and add sprinkles.
➔To make rose design, Use a a large star tip, such as a # 1M. Pipe icing onto cucpcake in a circular motion, starting in the center of the cupcake and move outward.
➔To make Cupcakes With Cupcake Toppers pipe a swirl of icing onto a cupcake and onto a mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. Place Peanut Butter Cup on top of iced cupcake.
Makes 22 to 24 cupcakes
Recipe from Chocolate From The Cake Mix Doctor
Valentine’s Day makes me think of love which makes me think of music which makes me think of this song I am currently adoring.
Kitchen Sink Drama is from The Turner’s 2011 release, ‘Girls, Wives and Factory Lives’.
Gary Tomkinson’s vocals, accompanied by that grooving guitar, are the perfect blend of folksy goodness that I constantly crave.
The tempo seems like that of a carefree tune, but the lyrics suggest anything but.
Love this song. Love the name of the song.
The Turner-Kitchen Sink Drama
Check out The Turner and buy the music on the Website and Facebook.