As you know, I saw Tim Noyes and Carbon Leaf in concert last night.
Tim Noyes performed a solo set that was sheer magic. His smooth voice, soft guitar and mesmerizing lyrics made for an incredible show. I wish that he could have played longer.
Interesting tid bit that I learned…The song No Excuses from the album ‘Candymaker’ was featured in Episode 117 of the popular teen show “Pretty Little Liars”. Tim said that the rest of the band refuses to play it in concert now so he likes to play it when he is solo. Ha!
Here are the rest of the recipes that I included in the packet of treats that I prepared for Tim.
Definitely make these Zebra Cakes. The recipe is ridiculously easy. If you like Cool Whip and chocolate then it has your name written all over it.
Zebra Icebox Cake In A Jar
Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers
1. Layer Cool Whip and chocolate wafers in jars. Refrigerate overnight.
Here’s the Zebra Ice Box Cake with the Cheesecakes In A Jar from yesterday’s post.
These nuts are really terrific. I especially loved the addition of the dried cranberries.
If you are nuts about some singer out there, make these.
Sugar And Spice Nuts
1 cup cashews
1 cup pecan halves (I used almonds)
1 cup dry roasted peanuts (I used Macadamia Nuts)
1 egg white, beaten slightly
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I omitted)
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine nuts. Add egg white and toss to coat evenly.
3. In a small bowl, combine sugar and ground red pepper; mix well then add to nut mixture. Stir until nuts are well coated then spread nuts onto baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until lightly toasted, stirring halfway through cooking time. Let cool.
5. Mix dried cranberries into nuts; serve immediately, or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Recipe from Mr. Food Christmas Made Easy
We had a chance to chat with Tim after his set. Such a nice person and so appreciative of how much we love his music.
Here is Tim, holding his ISITK goody bag, with my son. It was so cool for me to finally give a favorite singer his recipe in person and in actuality.
This is a lovely video about the making of Aunt Martha’s album ‘Norway, ME’. Four songs from the album feature throughout. You get a feel for what a lovely guy Tim is and why this band is so likable.
I adore Portugal. The Man. I’m crazy about Aunt Martha. No surprise that I love this cover.
I’m more convinced than ever that you want to buy Aunt Martha’s music. Shop the band’s Website.
A hypothetical question. What is this about nuts if your husband is a nut specialist, nuts and cannot sing?