Perhaps some egg to accompany your pancakes?
How creepy was that? Hey, Who is it? Ha!
These are over the top pancakes. The best part is the spiced maple syrup. Mmmmmm. Drench those babies in it.
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Ingredients for the Pancakes:
1-1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp apple pie spice (Purchased or you can make your own. The recipe is below)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups buttermilk
4 oz cream cheese, softened
3 Tbs maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine dry ingredients, set aside.
2. Whisk together buttermilk, cream cheese, maple syrup, egg and vanilla in a separate bowl.
3. Fold buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients until just moistened (small lumps are OK). Let batter rest 10 minutes.
4. Heat a large griddle or nonstick skillet over medium-low. Spray griddle with cooking spray. For each pancake, pour about 1/3 cup batter onto the griddle.
5. Cook batter until bubbles form on surface, 2-3 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until golden, 2-3 minutes more. Keep pancakes warm on baking sheet in the oven while cooking remaining pancakes.
6. Swirl the two sauces (recipes follow) over tops of pancakes.
Ingredients for the Creamy Icing:
6 oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Whisk cream cheese, condensed milk, milk and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat until warm. Add milk as needed to thin sauce until desired consistency is reached.
Spiced Maple Syrup
Ingredients for Spiced Maple Syrup:
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 Tsp unsalted butter
1/4 tsp apple pie spice
1. Heat maple syrup, condensed milk, and butter in a small saucepan until butter is melted and spice dissolves, about 5 minutes.
Apple Pie Spice
1/4 cup cinnamon
1 Tbs allspice
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cardamom
1. Mix spices together and store in a jar.
Recipe from Cuisine At Home Magazine
One of my favorite songs ever. And one that always makes me ask myself “Wtf is going on here?”
“Today my past caught up with me
And you were standing over there
You asked me what’s the time
You asked me what’s the year and smiled the saddest smile I’d ever seen”
“I only wish I’d been around
As if you needed me at all
I couldn’t stay, just had to go
I waited years for you to show
But that’s all in the past
It happened oh so fast”
“You saw it coming, didn’t you”
Vanilla Swingers-Goodbye Lennon
Check out Vanilla Swingers and buy their music on the band’s Website.