You ever get the stupidest thing stuck in your thoughts? Well, a friend told me this joke last weekend and I’ve had a frickin’ elephant on the brain since.
A little girl was at the zoo and she excitedly exclaimed when she saw the elephant:
“Look! It’s a frickin elephant!”
The people around her looked on in surprise.
“What did you call it?”
“It’s a frickin elephant! It says so right there,” and she pointed to the exhibit sign.
This Chocolate Chip Loaf has absolutely nothing to do with elephants nor early readers, but I do guarantee it will get stuck in your frickin’ thoughts.
Mmmmm….dense vanilla cake with a chocolate center and lots of chocolate chips scattered through.
Chocolate Chip Loaf
6 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons water
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Blend the sugar and cocoa in a heavy small saucepan. Stir in the water. Bring to a simmer over medium low heat, stirring until smooth. Simmer gently 3 minutes. Cool.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 8×4 inch loaf pan.
3. Cream butter in an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Blend in vanilla.
4. Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Add to batter, alternately with milk, blending well after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Take a 1/3 of the batter and stir into the chocolate sauce. Spread the bottom of the pan with 1/2 of the remaining vanilla batter. Drop the cocoa batter in spoonfuls over the batter in the pan, leaving a 1/2 inch border at the edges. Top with the remaining vanilla batter.
6. Bake until done (check with a toothpick or a cake tester in the middle), 65 to 75 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes in the pan, then turn onto a cake rack. Cool completely before cutting.
Recipe from Nan’s Recipes
I am wild about the latest single from Gomez. I simply cannot get it out of my frickin’ head. You can get a free download of Options here. You really want to.
This is a cool cover.
Check out Gomez and buy their music on the band’s website.