I brought these cupcakes to school yesterday to celebrate my son’s birthday. (He has a summer BD and his teacher is kindly allowing the July/ August kids to have mini parties in June. Very thoughtful. I mean, children live for these kind of things.)
Back to the cupcakes. Cake Batter Icing. UNBELIEVABLE! Who would have thought? Well, Kristan did. Genius.
And cheesecake on top of confetti cake. More genius. So genius that eating a few will probably make you smarter.
Confetti Cheesecake Cupcakes with Cake Batter Cream Cheese Frosting
Confetti (or Funfetti) cake batter (you can use the recipe from this post, a boxed version, or just add 1/2 cup of colored sprinkles or non-pareils to a box of white cake mix)
8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350℉ and line 24 muffin tins with liners.
2. Spoon cake batter into each tin until it is about 1/2 full.
3. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until smooth. Spoon one spoonful over the top of each cupcake.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
Cake Batter Cream Cheese Icing ingredients:
1 cup salted butter, softened
16 oz cream cheese, softened
2 tsp vanilla
6 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 cup white cake mix (MIX–NOT BATTER)
Sprinkles or colored non-pareils
1. In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla on medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar and cake mix and beat on low until just combined. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes. (If icing is too thick, mix in a bit of heavy cream or milk until desired consistency is reached.)
2. Once cupcakes are cool, frost generously. Add sprinkles and a pretzel M&M garnish.
Makes 24 cupcakes (I got 30…bonus!)
Recipe slightly adapted from Confessions Of A Cookbook Queen
My song obsession this week is Stunned by Lach. Dreamy guitar and dueling soft male vocals. Perfect lyrics. Play. Repeat. Play. Repeat. You get the idea.
“Stunned to realize this is the last line”. Love that.
Buy ‘Ramshackle Heart’ here.
Not too long ago, King Post Kitsch tweeted a link to this song. I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind since. Oh, how I loved this movie when I was little. I loved Elvis, too.
This is my favorite song by Elvis covered most excellently by Department Of Eagles.
Department Of Eagles-Love Me
Check out the Department Of Eagles website. You’ll love their other songs. Go buy some.