If you love chocolate, these are for you. I really love the sea salt on top.
Chocolate Toffee Cookies
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
5 (1.4-ounce) chocolate-covered English toffee bars (such as Heath), coarsely chopped
1 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
Flaky sea salt for sprinkling (optional…but really should be definitely!!)
I had masses of Callebault Milk Choc on hand, so I chopped up about a cup of chunks and added that, too.
1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in tmicrowave until melted and smooth. Cool mixture to lukewarm.
3. Using electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs in bowl until thick, about 5 minutes. Beat in melted chocolate mixture and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, then toffee, nuts and additional chocolate chunks if you are using. Chill batter until firm, about 45 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper. Drop batter by spoonfuls onto sheets, spacing two inches apart. Sprinkle with a pinch of flaky sea salt, if you’re using it.
5. Bake just until tops are dry and cracked but cookies are still soft to touch, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on sheets. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.)
Adapted from Bon Appétit Magazine
Let’s start the week with some music from the fabulous Miss Martha. Definitely what I need as I sit looking out at yet another grey day. Who kidnapped the sun?
Martha Wainwright-Jesus & Mary
Martha Wainwright-You Cheated Me
Read more about Martha Wainwright and buy her music here.