Sometimes I see a recipe that looks good and figure I will try it because it is easy/interesting/fitting for the weather. It is still pretty cold here in VT and I thought it was time to try this Sausage And Cauliflower Soup that I have had in my files for years.
I shouldn’t have waited so long. Who knew that a cauliflower soup could be so good and that those accompanying sausage pinwheels would be so addictive? You really should try these recipes. Delicious.
Spicy Sausage And Cauliflower Soup
1 lb pkg spicy pork sausage
2 Tbs vegetable oil
1/2 cup flour
2 (32-ounce) boxes chicken broth
2 heads of cauliflower, chopped
1 cup half and half
Garnish: shredded sharp cheddar cheese, sliced green onion
1. In a large Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium high heat for 5 minutes, or until it is browned and crumbles. Remove sausage and reserve drippings in the pan. Reserve one cup of sausage for the pinwheels.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add vegetable oil. Add flour, and cook, whisking to remove any lumps, until light brown. Stir in the chicken broth. Continue to whisk to remove any lumps.
3. Add cauliflower and simmer until tender and begins to fall apart. Stir in half and half.
4. To serve, top each bowl with some crumbled sausage, shredded cheddar and green onion.
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 (12 oz) can refrigerated biscuits
1 cup shredded cheddar
1 cup cooked and crumbled pork (from the cauliflower soup recipe)
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1. Preheat oven to 375℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Sprinkle work surface with cornmeal. Roll biscuit dough into a 9 x 13 inch rectangle. Sprinkle with cheese, sausage and green onion leaving a 1 inch border on each side. Roll up, starting at long side, jelly roll fashion. Slice into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Place, 2 inches apart, on prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake for 10 minutes and serve warm.
Makes about 1 dozen
I’m going to a 60s Theme Party tonight. Time to don a mini skirt and dust off my go-go boots.
The Supremes-Love Child
The Doors-Break On Through (To The Other Side)
The Four Tops-I Can’t Help Myself
Peace Baby and Cheers!