Make a margarita and serve up this super delicious Southwestern Lasagna Torta. The classic Italian dish gets a cheesy, spicy, corny treatment. It’s a homey, warming meal chock full of flavor.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 pound ground pork
1 packet taco seasoning (1.25 oz/35g)
2 cups prepared salsa
8 corn tortillas (6 inch), cut crosswise in quarters
10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
1 3/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup refried beans
1/3 cup drained sliced pickled jalapeño chiles
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; add the onion and cook, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Add the pork and break it up with a wooden spoon; cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
2. Sprinkle in the taco seasoning with 1/2 cup water and simmer, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
3. Preheat the oven to 400℉. Lightly grease a round 9-inch deep-dish pie pan.
4. Add 1/2 cup salsa to the bottom of the pan and tilt to coat. Arrange a third of the tortilla pieces on top, overlapping slightly to make an even layer. Top with half of the meat mixture and half of the peas, then sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Add another layer of tortilla pieces, 1/2 cup salsa and the refried beans; sprinkle with the jalapeños and 1/3 cup cheese. Layer with the remaining tortilla pieces, meat mixture and peas; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
5. Cover the pan snugly with foil, set on a baking sheet and bake in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes. Uncover the pan, sprinkle the remaining 3/4 cup cheese on top and bake until bubbling, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
6. Tent with foil and let stand for 10 minutes. Uncover and top with the sour cream and cilantro.
Recipe from Every Day With Rachael Ray Magazine
Shadow is really easy on the ears. Dreamy synth from Wild Nothing’s new album ‘Nocturne’.