This is almost as good as the cupcakes.
It has been an age since I made cupcakes.
What was I thinking?
One bite of these Cookies And Cream Cupcakes reminded me how good a cupcake can be.
Especially when the cupcake has an Oreo in the bottom and a creamy filling. Top that all off with Oreo Icing.
Don’t eat them all yourself, though. (See text above)
Ingredients for cupcakes:
1 box white cake mix
4 oz butter, melted
1 cup water
24 whole Oreo cookies
Ingredients for filling:
13 oz jar Marshmallow Creme
4 oz salted butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
4 Tbs heavy cream
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
Ingredients for icing:
1 pound salted butter, softened
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
8 cups confectioners’ sugar
15 Oreo cookies, crushed very finely (I did this in the food processor)
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line muffin tins with 24 liners. Place an Oreo in the bottom of each liner.
2. In the bowl of a mixer, combine cake mix, eggs, melted butter, and water. Mix on low speed for one minute. Increase speed to high and beat for a minute more. Fill liners 2/3 full and bake for about 20 minutes or until tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Cool on wire racks.
3. While cupcakes are baking, make filling. In a large bowl, beat marshmallow creme, butter, heavy cream and vanilla on medium low until smooth. Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar and increase speed to medium high and beat for about a minute. Refrigerate filling until cupcakes are cool.
4. Fill cooled cupcakes with cream filling by cutting a small hole in the top of the cupcake and spooning the filling in, or put filling in a pastry bag with a Bismarck tip and insert through the top of the cupcake.
5. To make the icing, beat butter, cream, and vanilla on medium-low speed in a mixer until smooth and well-combined. Slowly add confectioners’ sugar. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes. Fold in crushed Oreo cookies.
Makes 24 cupcakes
Recipe from Confessions Of A Cookbook Queen
Cupcakes always make me want to dance.
This song is the ultimate dance and sing around the kitchen song.
“Freak out, freak out, freak out
I’ve been sure,
Will you look me in the eye?
Will you run from what you see?
Will you see me in the light?
I hope you do, I hope you stay
And never leave.”
Check out Tapes’ N Tapes on the band’s Website, where you can also buy their music.