Q: “How come movie stars are so cool?”
A: “Because they have so many fans.”
That bit of comedy courtesy of my son.
This dinner is pretty cool, as hot dishes go.
One half hour later I had this Frittata brimming with tender potatoes in an herby, eggy-cheese bake. The nutty, creaminess of the Fontina is lovely here.
Serve with some buttered broccoli and a green salad and you’ve got yourself a mighty good meal.
500g Jersey Royal potatoes (or substitute fingerlings or other tender tubers)
1 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs butter
6 green onions, sliced
Splash of cream
A handful of fresh thyme leaves
A handful of fresh parsley
100g fontina cheese, diced
1. Cook potatoes, halved lengthways, in boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Preheat the grill/broiler to medium.
3. Heat olive oil and butter in a large, oven-proof frying pan. Add the potatoes and fry for 5 minutes until golden, then remove.
4. Gently fry green onions, until slightly softened.
5. Meanwhile, whisk eggs with cream, thyme leaves, some chopped fresh parsley and the fontina cheese. Season well, then add to the pan.
6. Stir in the potatoes, cook gently for 3-4 minutes until almost set, then grill for a few minutes to brown top.
Recipe from Delicious Magazine
How about a cool little song about (?) a Cool Bike?
I had to laugh at the musician’s description of his music as “Noise Pop, Garage Rock, Post-Punk, Shit-Gaze”.