A little microwave magic and a mug will get you this light and fluffy omelette in less than 5 minutes. Perfect for breakfast on a busy morning or for a fun afternoon snack.
Microwave Mug Omelette
1 tsp salted butter
1 tsp chopped shallot
1 Tbs chopped parsley
1 Tbs sweet red pepper, diced
1 Tbs chopped chives
1 Tbs grated cheddar
1. Put the butter and shallot into a microwave safe mug.
2. Microwave for 30 seconds, then remove from the oven and stir. Allow to cool slightly, then swish the butter and shallot around the mug to lightly coat the sides.
3. In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork, then add the parsley, peppers, chives, cheese and a small pinch each of salt and black pepper.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the mug and return mug to the microwave. Microwave for 20 seconds. Open the microwave and stir the egg mixture. Microwave another 20 seconds and stir again. Finally, cook for another 20 seconds, during which time the egg will start to set.
5. Remove the mug from the microwave and let stand for 1 minute. If the omelette is not set enough, put it back in microwave on 50% power for no more than 20 seconds.
Recipe from BBC Good Food
‘Welcome To Hell’ is an outrageous tune from nasmore, an artist out of Saskatchewan, Canada.
Vlad, in an email from the band, recommended some hellish egg recipes to accompany the song. Check out these Deviled Eggs and Eggs In Hell, a spicy Middle Eastern dish of poached eggs in a fiery hot tomato sauce. I have not tried them, but have both recipes bookmarked. They look yummy.