Summer is almost here! Pull some of these Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches out of the freezer for a refreshing treat that everyone will love.
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream or chocolate chip ice cream, softened
1 (16 1/2 ounce) roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1. Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper on plastic wrap. Spoon the softened ice cream into the pan, smoothing it into an even layer. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until ready to assemble cookies.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Roll cookie dough into 16 even balls. Place on prepared baking sheets and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
4. Use a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter to cut ice cream into 8 rounds. (I had a lot of ice cream left over). Place one ice cream round on the flat side of 8 cookies. Top with flat side of remaining 8 cookies.
5. Roll edges of cookies in miniature chocolate chips. Wrap each ice cream sandwich in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
Note: Ice cream sandwiches can be made ahead and frozen up to one month.
Makes 8 ice cream sandwiches
Recipe from Paula Deen
Time for a short song that packs a long punch in its one minute and 48 seconds.
And a sweet song that seems sad AF.
“I want you back in my life”
Check out Call To Mind on Bandcamp where you can buy their music.
Learn more about Moon Tapes on Bandcamp where you can buy their music.