Yeah, I’ve been watching a lot of television.
Even as things open up, I spend most of my time at home…and I live in Vermont where we are blessedly seeing very few cases of the virus. It’s just the way I find myself coping best.
So….lots of TV.
I strongly recommend Better Things, a scene from which is in the YouTube video above. It’s a smart comedy-drama with remarkable acting and a very strong soundtrack. The music placement is genius.
Other shows I finally got around to and loved: Fleabag, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Ozark, Dead To Me, Never Have I Ever, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Big Mouth, and The Good Place. If you like reality TV, I recommend Love Is Blind, The Circle, Dating Around and Love On The Spectrum.
I also recommend these easy Pizza Burgers that are packed with flavor and taste like summer.
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 teaspoon salt or garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
4 hamburger buns, toasted if you like
Pizza sauce, warmed
Sliced mozzarella cheese
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the beef and spices then shape into 4 patties.
3. Place burgers on the grill and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. (A covered grill helps reduce flare-ups and allows for more even cooking)
4. When burgers are almost done, top each with a slice of mozzarella and cook until cheese melts.
5. Serve burgers in buns with a spoonful of pizza sauce and a sprig of basil.
Recipe from Vermont Castings Modern Grilling Cookbook
I always have Shazam open when I watch Better Things as there is usually a few banger tunes per episode that I am unfamiliar with.
One such is this blissful song by Jason Nutter & Jesika von Rabbit.
“Joshua Tree” closes out the second episode in season 4 of Better Things. The song, which I had never heard before, gave me instant chills and could not have been more beautifully paired with the moment in the show. I wish I had that video clip to share.
Check out Jason Nutter & Jesika von Rabbit here and here. You can buy the music here.