Here’s a quick and comforting dish that’s a twist on the southern breakfast favorite. The gravy is so good I could eat it like soup.
Popcorn Chicken And Bacon Country Gravy On A Biscuit
1 tube refrigerated biscuits (like these)
1 package frozen popcorn chicken (or chicken nuggets)
4 slices bacon
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 cups milk
1. Bake biscuits according to package directions.
2. Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and pat dry.
3. Pour bacon grease into a saucepan set over low heat then whisk in flour, salt and pepper.
4. Slowly stir in milk and continue cooking until thick, stirring frequently. Add more milk if gravy gets too thick.
5. Chop the bacon and add to the gravy. Remove pan from the heat.
6. To assemble, place biscuits on a serving dish and top each with a few pieces of popcorn chicken. Ladle some of the bacon country gravy over the chicken.
Recipe slightly adapted from Dude Foods
“Where have they gone?
Where are the heroes
in this world we live in?”
I think we know now.
“Heroes” is new from Miami-based artist Marquise Fair. Awesome beat. Amazing raspy vocals. It’s fire.
Check out Marquise Faire on Facebook and his Website where you can buy the music.