I’ll take one of those keys!
And you are going to want to grab one of these muffins. The sour cream in the batter adds a delicious tang and raspberries cut the sweetness perfectly. Use any fruit you like, though…the batter is good with them all.
Sour Cream Muffins With Raspberries
2 cups (8 1/2 ounces) white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (or any other berry or diced stone fruits that you like)
Coarse sparkling sugar for sprinkling
1. Lightly grease the cups of a 12-cup standard muffin pan. (Or line the pan with paper liners and grease the liners.)
2. Whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy and very pale in color. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and sour cream and mix until blended.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth. Gently fold in the raspberries. Refrigerate batter for one hour.
5. Preheat oven to 400°F.
6. Fill the cups of the muffin pan about three-quarters of the way full. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the coarse sparkling sugar.
7. Bake the muffins for 22 to 26 minutes. Start checking on them after 15 minutes until a tester inserted in center comes clean.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto a rack to finish cooling.
Makes 1 dozen muffins
Recipe from King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking
Don’t we all want some of that?
Today’s Summer Magic is in the form of a band: a project of St. Louis musician Kevin Bachmann. Their new song ‘Hey!’ is easy-breezy with awesome decorative guitar. It even throws in some BaBaBaBas. Mighty fine for a July afternoon.
Thank you, Paul, for sending me this slice of sunshine and for all the blog love. x
Check out Summer Magic on Facebook where you can keep tuned for where to buy their album due out next month.