You see, my world is an ocean of recipes. In order to make recipes that I bookmark stand out, I sometimes give them dramatic names.
So ‘Tex Mex Dip’ gets embellished with ‘Stunningly Beautiful’.
This dip is no Grand Canyon, but it is easy, delicious and very attractive. When you need to please a crowd, layer up some Tex-Mex goodness. A simple cookie sheet is perfect, but those disposable baking trays are great if you want to transport the dip to a gathering.
Note: The layers may be a bit thinner than you are used to if you regularly make “7 Layer Dip” but I loved how you get more of the layers on your tortilla chip when you dig in.
Stunningly Beautiful Tex Mex Dip
2 (14 oz) cans refried beans
3 (15 oz) cans black beans
24 oz sour cream
3 tablespoons taco seasoning (1 envelope)
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 sliced avocado
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 (2.25 oz) can sliced black olives
1. Spread the refried beans in the bottom of a 12 x 17-inch or 15 x 10-inch cookie sheet.
2. Rinse black beans then gently pat dry (This prevents the dip from getting soggy). Spoon the black beans over the refried beans.
3. Combine sour cream and taco seasoning and spread in a smaller rectangle over beans.
4. Cover the sour cream evenly with the shredded cheese. Sprinkle the diced tomatoes, chopped avocado, and sliced olives over the cheese. Top with chopped cilantro.
5. Serve dip with tortilla chips.
Note: The dip can be made a few hours in advance and stored, covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator. If you do this, it is best to wait until just before serving before adding the avocado so it does not discolor.
Recipe from Happy Money Saver
You are probably going to want some rocking tunes while you’re digging into your stunningly beautiful dip. But, while making it, how about some reflective music to clear your mind?
Stockholm-based husband-wife duo Narrow Skies have their debut EP ‘Midnight Horizons’ coming out today. The songs are quiet and bring the outside inward. Really pretty….possibly stunning.
“I want the wind to carry me,
far away from here
And as I fly, I’ll take with me,
moments left behind”
Check out Narrow Skies on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.