I made some treats this weekend to sell during my son’s soccer game. I thought these Popcones were so adorable and different.
Just fill sugar cones with a marshmallow-popcorn-almond mixture and display in a cute box stand.
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 cups popped popcorn
3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
40 large marshmallows
6 sugar cones
1. Grease a large bowl. Add popcorn and nuts to bowl.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add marshmallows and cook, stirring, until melted.
3. Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn mixture and stir to coat evenly.
4. Using buttered hands (I found it more effective to dip my hands in water), fill cones with mixture and shape into a ball to look like an ice cream scoop.
5. Stand cones in a cardboard box with holes cut out of top. Cool completely.
Note: You can make the Popcones a day ahead. They are much easier to transport after they have lots of time to set up.
Makes 6 cones
Recipe from Martha Stewart
Any leftover popcorn mixture can be pressed into a greased baking dish. I had some broken bits of sugar cone so I mixed them in, too. When cool, cut into squares.
I’m loving this gritty, rocking tune. It’s new from Canadian duo Blume Hinges.
Check out Blume Hinges on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.