Looking for something a little bit different to start off a meal or to serve with drinks?
Try this recipe for Grilled Halloumi With Watermelon Salsa.
The bright, fresh salsa with fresh herbs and a touch of lime is the perfect, if unusual, pair to the brined springy cheese just hot off the grill.
Grilled Halloumi With Watermelon Salsa
2 cups watermelon, diced
1 cucumber, seeded and diced
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 Tbs mint, chopped
1 Tbs basil, chopped
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp lime zest
1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp honey
Salt and pepper
3 (8 ounce) packages Halloumi, halved horizontally
1. Combine the watermelon, cucumber, green onions, basil, mint, lime zest and juice for the salsa.
2. Whisk together the oil and honey. Season with salt and pepper then toss with watermelon mixture.
3. Coat Halloumi with cooking spray. Season with pepper.
4. Grill Halloumi, covered, until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes per side.
5. Halve Halloumi and arrange on a platter with the salsa.
Serves 12 as a starter
Recipe from Cuisine At Home Magazine
Well, this is jolly cheerful. The music, anyway. The lyrics are kind of grim, but totally awesome.
‘Brixton Prison’ is from the new EP from 21 year old London-based singer Emily Capell. What a sweet voice.
Check out Emily Capell on her Website where you can learn of upcoming shows in the UK and buy her music.